About this Recipe
By: Editorial Staff
Our “A Hui Hou” (Until we meet again. Pronounced ah-hoo-wee-ho-oo-uu. A phrase similar to ‘see you soon’ or encore.) drink is for those moments you’re dreaming of the islands and wishing to return again soon.
Let this Tropical Lilikoi (passion fruit) Margarita transform you back to Hawaii. Back to the memories of an incredible place.
A Hui Hou!
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila // recommended Patron, Teremana, Don Julio
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lilikoi (passion fruit) purée // recommended Finest Call
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup*
- Splash of mineral water // recommended Topo Chico
- 1/2 cup ice
Sign up for Drizly here.
*Simple syrup can be made at home by combining 3 cups water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Let it simmer until the sugar fully dissolves. Let cool and enjoy in your drinks!
Step by Step Instructions
Tropical Lilikoi (passion fruit) Margarita
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila recommended; Patron, Teremana, Don Julio
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce lilikoi (passion fruit) purée recommended; Finest Call
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 1 splash mineral water recommended; Topo Chico
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake it up!
- Strain over fresh ice in a glass.
- Top with a splash of mineral water.